This article provides an overview of the ‘Manage categories’ self-service functionality. You must be granted the ‘Can manage categories’ permission to configure your organisation's categories. As categories control and impact many areas of SnapHire, we recommend only granting this permission to users who have read all the related 'Category self-service' articles.
The ‘Manage categories’ menu will then be visible on the Admin tab under the ‘System configuration’ heading.
Categories are used to profile jobs, candidates and users. There are different types of categories:
- Job specific - This type of category is primarily used for reporting and to assist users in job searches. These categories are not visible to candidates.
- Profile/Search agent - As well as being useful for Recruiter searching and management reporting purposes, this type of category is used to profile the job for candidates when they are searching on the careers site, as well as for the automated email job alert and candidate matching process.
- Job seeker private/additional information - These types of categories are useful to collect additional information about the candidate, such as EEO or salary information.
- Internal tracking - This type of category is primarily used to assign category values to candidates to track previous evaluations and may have an associated icon that is visible next to the candidate's name.
Categories can also be used in the configuration of SnapHire and may be used to control the visibility of templates and other functionality.
Your organisation defines all of the categories and all values within each category.
Before making changes
Because categories control so many areas of functionality, it is very important that you understand the impact of the changes you’re making.
Please ensure you read and understand all the category self-service articles before making any changes and if you are unsure, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Editing category values overview
- Important considerations before adding or editing values
- How to add or edit category values
- Ordering categories
- Updating 'General site' tab
- Updating 'Careers site' tab
- Updating 'Settings' tab
- Creating a new category
To read more about using categories, please review the below article: