SnapHire automatically adds the 'duplicates may exist' icon to candidate profiles that have the same name. The 'duplicates may exist' icon looks like this:
This icon is only displayed to Recruiter users - it is not visible to Manager or Agency users (including processing agency users). The icon is added to ensure that Recruiter users are aware that the candidate they are looking at may have registered/applied to the site with the same name using a different email address, or that there may be more than one candidate with the same name.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the only duplicate-related icon that is automatically applied by SnapHire. Other duplicate-related icons are manually applied by Recruiter users via the manage duplicates screen.
This article includes:
- Application of the 'duplicates may exist' icon
- Viewing the 'duplicates may exist' icon
- Removing the 'duplicates may exist' icon
After SnapHire detects that there is more than one candidate profile with an exact match in both the first name AND last name fields, it automatically adds the 'duplicates may exist' icon after the candidate name. For example:
This means that the 'duplicates may exist' icon may appear when:
- There are two or more records for the same person - e.g. Jane Smith registers several times on your careers site using different email addresses
- There are two or more people with the same name - e.g. two different people called Jane Smith registered on your careers site. Their identical values for the first and last name fields in SnapHire mean that the 'duplicates may exist' icon is applied to indicate that these records need to be looked at further.
- When looking to apply the 'duplicates may exist' icon, SnapHire does not consider the middle name or preferred name fields. For example; Jane Mary Smith and Jane Elizabeth Smith have matching first and last name values, but different middle names. Even though they have different middle names, the 'duplicates may exist' icon will be applied.
- If your organisation has had the 'Manage duplicates' feature configured on your site, the 'duplicates may exist' icon will continue to be applied to either master and/or subordinate candidate profiles if there is a match.
- If your site is configured to work with a candidate creation integration (e.g. for creating an internal job candidate from your payroll system etc), the 'duplicates may exist' icon may be used for reasons that relate to your integration - please refer to your integration-specific information.
The 'duplicates may exist' icon appears to the right of the candidate name when viewing a list of candidates or applicants for a job.
TIP: Any other similar-looking icons will be a duplicate related icon - the full range of these icons can be seen in the candidate legend which appears whenever you are looking at a list of candidates (these will appear in the legend even if your organisation has not had the 'Manage duplicates' feature configured on your site):
The 'duplicates may exist' icon appears to the right of the candidate markings in the candidate detail view:
- If you hover over the icon, the label 'duplicate job seekers may exist - click to view' appears (unless you are in the Manage duplicates function, where this icon is not clickable).
- If you click on the icon, a list of all of the candidates who have the same first and last name as the candidate you are working with appears. You can then review their details and determine if the candidate is a duplicate record, or simply another candidate with the same name. If your organisation has had the 'Manage duplicates' feature configured on your site, you can take further steps to manage these profiles - Learn more ....
TIP: When you click to view the potential duplicate candidates, there may be other candidates included in the results who do not have the 'Duplicates may exist' icon applied. This is because the click-to-view feature uses the SnapHire name search (i.e. Candidates tab \ Refine this search \ 'who have name, preferred name, email address or phone number' option) so it may find other candidates whose profile includes the same name details.
The 'duplicates may exist' icon can be removed in two ways:
- If some information changes and the profile no longer has the same first and last name information as another profile, the icon will be automatically removed by SnapHire (just as it was automatically applied).
- If your organisation has had the 'Manage duplicates' feature configured on your site: If a Recruiter user reviews the duplicate profiles and confirms that they are/are not a duplicate, the 'duplicates may exist' icon will be removed and replaced with the applicable icon. Please note that the 'duplicates may exist' icon will be added again should the profile again have the same first and last name information as another profile (so this will be added in addition to the manually applied icon).