This article includes frequently asked questions about creating child jobs.
- Why can’t I create a child job?
- What if a manager has already created the job and it’s not a child job?
- How can I stop my child jobs from matching on a specific category?
- Child job creation tips
1. Why can’t I create a child job?
- The pipeline needs to be in the Open status
- You must have the permission “Can create pipeline child jobs”
- Use CREATE > New job > “Pipeline name”
2. What if a manager has already created the job and it’s not a child job?
- A recruiter can convert it to a child (JOB > Other > Convert to child) - The workflow selected on the job MUST be correct as cannot be changed after converting it to a child job
3. How can I stop my child jobs from matching on a specific category?
- At any time look at the job details page to see what applications are matching on
- If unwanted matching occurs, ensure the same exact values are selected for both child and pipeline
- Or update your pipeline to only have one selection on the category you don’t want to be a filter
4. Child job creation tips
- Recommend a consistent naming approach so it is clear it is a child job and specific details (e.g. location/job type) are included