This article includes frequently asked questions about pipeline creation.
- Is there anything I need to get started using pipelines?
- How do I control how my pipeline filters?
- What application questions are good for pipelines?
- Can I have different application acknowledgment text for my pipeline job?
- What configuration changes can I make to make my pipeline process work better?
- Can pipelines be used if we don't have a central recruitment team?
Users need “Can create pipeline job” permission
- You can use your existing workflow, but often clients find a custom workflow for pipeline recruitment works best
- If you have never created a pipeline before, contact the Client Success team to discuss if your workflow needs any configuration changes prior to creating your pipeline
The profile/search agent category selections on the pipeline job determine how it filters
If you select more than one value in a profile category, that category will be used as a filter
The job details screen will tell you how your pipeline is filtering
Often you’re using a pipeline to help manage volumes efficiently. Choosing good screening questions can save you lots of time in the long run
Soundbite questions can be great for customer service roles
Knock-out questions can save time on processing applications that don't meet the minimum criteria
Single selection questions can help with sorting applications in a bucket list
Yes, the Client Success team can set up a specific application acknowledgment email for you. Contact the team with the wording you would like
This is often a good idea when the standard application acknowledgment email includes wording around processing times or expectations that may be different for pipelines
- Buckets, actions, and email templates (workflow) specific to the process you want to follow for your pipeline recruitment e.g. you may do more processing on the pipeline earlier in the screening process, than what you do on your standard workflow. This can really help your pipeline process be as efficient as possible
- Timed application actions to automate email updates can save you time
- Candidate care app alerts to ensure candidates are processed within a specified time
- Rehire bucket for employees who want to be considered for other roles
- Contact the Client Success team to discuss implementing changes to your pipeline workflow
- Pipelines work best when there is a recruiter or recruitment team to manage the pipeline. If you’d like to use pipelines but you want hiring managers to manage the pipeline, speak to the Client Success team
For more information on pipelines, view the Pipeline Recruitment solution articles.