This article details how to start the hiring approval process - please note that before you begin:
- The applicant you wish to hire must be attached to the specific job you wish to hire them for.
- All the relevant information regarding the candidate must have been provided (as determined by your organisation) so that the Approvers will have enough information to make a decision.
Starting the hiring approval process
To start the approval process:
- Choose APPLICATION \ Mark the application as 'Waiting for Approval':
- You can initiate this from the APPLICATION action menu - the specific menu path will depend on your organisation's configuration (and note that your organisation may call the 'Mark as waiting for approval' menu item by a different name).
- Depending on your site configuration this action may also include step 2 (below) as part of the process.
- This moves the candidate to the 'Waiting for Approval' bucket and turns on the 'Hiring approval widget' which allows you to update the hiring approval chain for the candidate if required.
- If not included in the step above, the hiring approval process must be started.
- This process is started from either the APPLICATION action menu or from within the hiring approval widget depending on your site configuration (it is defined by who initiates the action and whether or not it is combined with the step above).
- Once the hiring approval process has been started, SnapHire automatically emails the first person in the Hiring Approval chain.
TIP: In some organisations the hiring manager may complete some of these steps (for example, they might mark them as waiting for approval by completing the proposed offer details).