This article provides information for employees about the Employee Referral function in SnapHire. You may wish to incorporate elements of this article in your Employee Referral Program information for employees.
Finding jobs which are eligible for referral
- To find jobs which are eligible for referral, you must first be signed in to our careers site (i.e. not just browsing the site) so that your internal status is recognized.
- Once signed in and viewing either job search results or a specific jobs details, you will see the referral icon next to the job title for any jobs which have been marked as eligible for referral (the referral icon may have been customized by your organization, otherwise the default ion will be used as seen below):
Referring the job to others
Once you have found a job you wish to refer to someone:
- Ensure you are signed into our careers site so that your internal status is recognized.
- Find and review the details of the job you wish to refer someone to.
- Click on the 'Email this job to a friend' button (on some sites this button may be called 'Refer this job to a friend') at the bottom of the job details.
- Enter the recipient’s name and email address.
- When you are ready to send the email, click on the 'Send email' button and the message will be sent. You will return to the job details page and a confirmation will appear.
- The recipient will receive the email 'from' our organization/careers site including a link to the job. If they are interested in applying for the job it is important that they click on the link within the email to ensure the referral is tracked against your account (rather than just going to the site and finding the job independently).
- When they click on the link they will be taken directly to the job advert, at which point they can apply and progress with the application process.
Did they apply?
Once you have referred someone to a job, you can check if they have submitted an application to the job and/or been hired into the job. Sign into your careers site profile and view your referrals in your account section.