- Job questions are presented to the candidate each time they apply for a job
- Default job questions are applied to all new jobs, except for those created using a job template. If the user has access to the questions tab within the job wizard, they will be able to create, edit, or delete the job questions on a job-by-job basis
- The candidate's answers to these questions are saved to their job application
This article explains the steps for configuring your default job questions within SnapHire.
To make configuration changes you will need to be granted the permission ‘Can manage default job questions’. This permission grants users the ability to create, edit and delete default job questions. The 'Manage default job questions' menu item becomes available on the 'Admin' tab (under the 'Job seeker questions' menu).
Managing your default job questions
You can create, edit and delete default job questions. Any updates to your default job questions will only be applied to jobs created after the changes have been saved. This means that if you make any changes (e.g. add a new question) that you would like to present on your existing jobs, you will need to edit your existing jobs manually.
To manage your default job questions, go to the Admin tab and select the 'Manage default job questions' option.
To create a new question:
Click on the 'Add new question' button
Select a question type from the box. To find you more about the various question types and settings available, please visit the Job wizard questions tab article
Enter in the question content and adjust the question settings
Click the 'Save' button. Please note that once this question is saved, you will not be able to change the question type
To edit an existing question:
You can edit the content and settings of the question. You will not be able to change the question type.
- Click on a question you want to edit
- Make the applicable changes
- Click 'Save'
You can delete answers to multi-choice questions.
To delete an existing question:
- Click on a question you want to delete
- Scroll down and click on the red 'Delete' button
The 'Edit' button, shown below, allows you to access the drag-and-drop feature.
Drag and drop
You can change the order of the questions by clicking on theicon in the far left column and dragging and dropping the questions into their desired new order.
If you need assistance, please contact the SnapHire Client Success at email@example.com.